Morning sickness in pregnancy is a very common factor in all pregnant ladies. A pregnant lady faces nausea and vomiting in the early period of pregnancy though some ladies may face this sickness all day long. This morning sickness makes you feel unpleasant but this doesn’t risk your baby. It goes off mostly by 16 to 20 weeks of your pregnancy. It has been seen that around 80% of the pregnant ladies face this morning sickness wherein the exact cause is unknown.
Symptoms of morning sickness :
- Loss of appetite
How to manage morning sickness ?
One can cope up with this by:
- Eat plain but sweet biscuits in the morning
- Have small size meal portion instead of regular types of food
- Don’t skip meals as it may cause nausea
- If possible avoid cooking as a lot of females feels vomiting because of the particular food
- If you have doubts about the particular food which can lead you to vomiting or nausea then avoid it
- Keep yourself hydrated, you can sip on some flat lemonade, ginger tea, clear soup or diluted fruit juice
- Do not wear very tight clothing around your waist
- Try to take some rest
- Consult your doctor before going on any medications
When to see the doctor :
Pregnant ladies should see the doctor’s if:
- They do blood vomit
- They pass dark color urine
- They feel dizzy all day long
- They cannot pass the urine and if pass then it’s a very small amount
- Their vomiting doesn’t stop
- Their heartbeat increases
Severe symptoms include:
- When the blood pressure lowers a lot
- Alkalosis, where the normal acidity of blood drops at a very low level
- High amount of dehydration
- Severe weight loss
All above cases should be taken to hospital immediately.
Every pregnant lady will have different symptoms of morning sickness so the treatment will be but follow some basics like avoiding particular food, its smell, drink plenty of fluid and go on high protein good.