“Mom, I want to eat something sweet.” Minu was asking her mom. “Minu, right now it’s very late and all the shops must be closed too. Should we get it tomorrow?” mom tried convincing little Minu. “No, I want it right now.” Minu was not the mood to listen to anything. Hmmm… Mom gave a thought and said, “Ok dear, give me some time. I will surely get something for you.” Mom smiled and answered. So mommies lets discover what’s cooking for Minu in the kitchen.
Easy to make Milk Desserts for Kids:
- Chocolate Peda –
One of the easiest and yummiest recipes and its kid’s all-time favorite too.
- Milk powder – 1.5 tbsp.
- Almond powder – 4 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder – 1.5 tbsp.
- Marie biscuits powder – 3
- Boiled milk – 2 tbsp.
- Almonds – 2 – 3 chopped
- Take a bowl and add all the above ingredients.
- Make a soft dove of this.
- Keep this aside.
- Take a few drops of ghee and spread it on the hand so the dove won’t stick to the hand.
- Make small Peda of the dove, garnish it chopped almonds.
- Serve immediately.
- Mango Kulfi –
Mango is an all-time favorite for every Indian. This recipe is one of the easiest and fun to make, your kids can also join you in the same.
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Thickened cream – ½ cup
- Full cream milk – ½ cup (chilled)
- Ripe Mango pulp – ¾ cup
- Almond flakes – 2 tablespoon
- Saffron strands – few
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Saffron water – 3 tbsp.
- Take a blender and add mango puree, chilled milk, and cream. Blend it well.
- Then add thickened cream in the same blender. And blend again.
- Now add condensed milk into the same.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron water and blend it again.
- Pour this mixture into Kulfi mold.
- Garnish with almond flakes.
- Freeze the same for at least 8 hours into the freezer.
- Once it’s set, take it out from the mold.
- Now serve the chilled mango Kulfi.
- Caramel Custard –
This is also one of the easy to make pudding. With fewer ingredients and quick to make, it’s a must-try the recipe.
- Full cream milk – 4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Nutmeg powder – ½ tsp.
- Eggs – 7
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Take a pan; add half cup sugar and 1 tsp. water.
- Keep stirring the water till sugar melts and turns golden brown.
- Take a pudding mold and grease these mold with little butter.
- Pour the caramelized sugar in this mold. Keep aside and let it cool.
- Take a bowl, add all the eggs, remaining sugar and blend till the sugar dissolved.
- Add milk, nutmeg and vanilla essence in the same bowl and blend it again.
- Pour this mixture in the molds you have taken already. Fill them till ¾ way of the top.
- Take a pressure cooker, put the ring inside, put the mold and pour water 2” below the rim of the mold.
- Take out the whistle and start the gas. Keep the flame low and leave it like this for half an hour.
- After that check, if it’s done by inserting a skewer.
- If the skewer comes clean then the custard is ready and if not then put it for another few minutes.
- When it’s cooked, cool it and chill in the refrigerator and 2 hours.
- While serving, take a small plate, place over the mold and flip gently, this way the caramel side will be up.
- Serve chilled.
- Milk Cake –
All-time hit and easy to make dessert.
- Milk – 1 liter
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
- Pistachios – 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom – ¼ teaspoon
- Butter – 2 teaspoon
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Take a deep saucepan; add milk. Keep stirring till it becomes 2/3rd in quantity.
- Add lemon juice in it and mix well. The milk will start curdling and leaving the waste aside.
- Once the water completely separated remove this pan from the gas and drain the excess water.
- Again put this in the pan on low flame and add sugar. Stir it well.
- Add butter and keep stirring, make sure it won’t stick to the pan.
- Once it thickens, add chopped pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Take a tray or high edge plate, grease it with ghee and spread the mixture evenly.
- Let it cool, and then cut into the desired shape.
- Serve cool.
Try all these mouth-watering recipes and enjoy yourself with your family.