Rita was very worried as she saw her 6 months old developed some kind of rash on his hand. And due to that, her baby was very irritated due to this. Aniket saw his wife’s stress but he could not do anything as Coronavirus lockdown was going on. So he sat and found some fruitful information. So mommies, if you are also suffering from baby Eczema then worry not, just read the below blog and see if this helps you.
Baby Eczema Guide, Causes, Symptoms and Treatments:
Causes of Eczema: We need to understand the reason behind this to cure it fast and if we find the base of it then we can stop it from spreading more.
There are few basic reason for developing this Eczema, like,
- Dry skin
- Shampoo, hair care products, dish detergent, laundry detergent, and household cleaning products come in skin contact with skin
- Indoor air pollution due to carpet, Air conditioner
- Too much heat mainly in summer
- Hot bath,
- Too much use of synthetic fabrics
- Cow’s milk also sometimes be a reason to this allergy
- Some foods can be the reason like nuts, eggs, soya, wheat etc.
Symptoms of Eczema: Eczema is kind of rash and this can be different in appearance as per children to children.
In babies, the start is always scalp and then face. The rashes might be in red color and it’s dry. It also appears on babies cheeks, forehead, and around the mouth.
In school going children’s Eczema develops near elbow, back, knees, on the neck, around the eyes and sometimes between the fingers.
Treatment of Eczema: Till the time this is mild and you think you can treat at home then the must try home remedies are given below:
- Calendula cream: This is the best cream to apply on dry skin, it helps soothing Eczema in babies.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has anti-bacterial properties, by applying this not only moisturizes your baby’s skin but it also kills all the bacteria.
- Oatmeal bath: Yes, mommies, you heard right. Oatmeal soothes your baby’s skin that’s why you should make your baby an oatmeal bath.
- Lukewarm water for bath: Make sure that you won’t make your baby bath with hot water, instead use lukewarm water for few days.
- Use mild soap: Make sure that you will be using a mild soap for your baby (if you are using).
- Check on the laundry wash content: Read the content carefully and keep an eye on washing your bay’s clothes as some detergent makes your clothes very clean but it also makes them rough.
- Don’t go for body-hugging clothes: Make your baby wear comfortable clothes than making very tight ones as this may irritate his skin.