Weather change always brings ups and downs in health. Like winter brings flu, cough, and cold in all ages especially in Children’s. But if treated early with home remedies then it doesn’t after their health much.
6 Effective Home Remedies to Cure Cough and Cold in Children’s:
- Turmeric – Turmeric has anti-bacterial properties. It helps in increasing immunity in kids. If taken with milk or honey then it has additional benefits. Add ½ teaspoon turmeric with 1 glass of warm milk, you can add little Jaggery to add on taste. Add ½ teaspoon turmeric with 1 teaspoon of honey, because turmeric has an anti-infection and anti-bacterial property and honey soothes the relief to itching throat quickly, this is one of the best and proven home remedy.
- Steam – Cold can create difficulties for your toddler in breathing. To open the nasal conjunction, steam is the best way. Make your toddler stand or if he is too small then use a steam mask. Steam will open the nasal conjunction and your toddler will be able to sleep freely.
- Elevated head – A lot of Children’s face massive coughing at night time majorly. The reason for this is, his mucus runs down from nose to the throat and triggers a cough, which can lead to sleepless nights. In such a situation, it’s always best to give a small, comfortable pillow under his head stops this process of running mucus and ultimately stops cough.
- Sitopaladi churna – Sitopaladi churna is an ayurvedic medicine if taken with honey thrice a day soothes the throat irritation and helps is also beneficial for upper respiratory congestion and bronchial conditions.
- Warm liquids – The best way to keep cough away is by staying hydrated all the time. Taking warm water at regular intervals reduces the inflammation of the throat.
6. Honey with clove – Cloves and honey together can help soothing throat etching. Just be cautious while musing cloves as it’s very can warm up the stomach.
So mommies, do not worry, just try the above home remedies and you can see how it can help to soothe your child’s cough and cold.